Strawberry Shortcake



Grandma E always made it with angel food cake and strawberries- so in honor of her I made some yesterday. It was brilliant!

It was dumb mashing the strawberries though. How does one best do this?

I cut them, put them in a bowl, added some sugar and started smashing them with a fork. It was taking SO long (like 30 seconds) so I got sick of it and quit. The strawberries weren't really mashed that much and my wrist was throbbing from the frenzied smashing. Hob told me to get the blender, but I told him to Hob off. Then I thought about his mortar and pestel and was horrified at the thought of cleaning it. In the end, I just smashed a little more with the fork and my strawberry shortcake turned out fine. Done in like 3 minutes.

I think I have a bit of...let's call it "hurry issues" I'm always in a hurry, particularly when I cook or wash dishes. A 30 minute meal to me is like a year. I want a 5 minute or 4 minute meal. I broke a plate yesterday because I wanted to wash the dishes in less than a minute. The funny thing is that I drive really slow. I used to drive fast...but not any more. I eat fast too and walk fast and uh oh, I talk fast! F--K! But best of all, I type fast. I challenge anyone to a typing contest! It's taking to long to think of something I do slow....GOT IT. I WRITE PAPERS SLOW for shizzle! REALLY slow. I could sit there all day and have a paragraph. Whew. Equilibrium at last!

zzzzz,
Seq

Comments

Katie said…
I've never mashed the strawberries, we just cut them up and mix them with sugar and they get that awesome syrup in the bowl...and then cream on biscuits. Quite possibly better than sex.

Dude, strawberry season is in June, right? We're having a strawberry shortcake party.
Anonymous said…
I was gonna say the same thing Katie did... I've never had strawberry shortcake with mashed berries. Sounds interesting.

Also, you continue to crack me up and I wish I could have seen you when I was in the States!
Anonymous said…
i never had them mashed as well- just cut. we should go strawberry picking- i've never done it, but you've seen the place off the hwy just past C-bus, right? sunnyd

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo