India #1

My first mission is to do some hotel shopping for a few days in the future. 1st step, Starbucks- not to plug such a beast of a company, but in non - western country it's like this peaceful oasis of toilet paper, real lattes AND most importantly, free wifi! :) I found spots to stay and called them and then walked around Colaba without consulting any of the places I spoke with :)

Backup.... I should have started with the taxis! Whoa! Street lanes are optional! It's so exciting and Ruby's mom would have a fit because none of the taxis have seat belts. Luckily my training in Shanghai set me up for success! The taxis are super cheap too! 

After checking out hotels, I was off to the museum, so obviously I spent the afternoon shopping! It started by trying on these ridiculous beaded, no not beaded, they are fake jewels and they are in these elaborate designs with sleeves that hang like wizard's sleeves.  So I think these are for Muslim parties, and they look something like this. Well, I can't seem to find an example online, but I'll get a photo when I go back. 

The current shopping count is, pants-2 dress-1, earrings - 4, scarf- 1, beer -1 (this is 2 days ago, the tally has increased) :)

Kingfisher isn't bad by the way! I can't put my finger on the flavor, but the beer has taste, but i don't know what that taste is. 

The best part of this day was thus taxi ride I took at night. No side mirrors, no seatbelts, 3 on the shift, or steering column or something. His taxi was from 1949, '64, '57... Who knows. When I asked him how old, he said '94 quite seriously (but I later fund out in another old taxi,  the motor is from 1994... Which upon further thought, is still a pretty old!)  

Okay, so I say I want to go to "Gallup" by the "racetrack" he smiled and said, "gasomething" and smiled, and I nodded and we were off. Now, I knew immediately we were going the wrong way because I didn't listen to the girl I was staying with and got a taxi on the wrong side of the road... The end, as you are going to guess, is that I ended up at "Gaylord" :) where I ate lamb roganjosh! 

This was actually day 2. Day 1 involved driving around all day and taking lots is snaps as they say here. So that will have to be in a future post!
Now it's day 4 or 5 when I'm writing this and I'm looking forward to another lovey day at the beach. Pineapple lassi and fresh mangos, here I come! :)

Btw, This post is in need of some serious edits, but my iPad is being a little b, so you'll have to try to make sense of it all n your own! 
Ms. Non-sequitur

Comments

Anonymous said…
hilarious.
-HotLips

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo