Corn Competition

Recently MD and I went camping with Wendell and her Hublet, R! We had a blast. 
and here is Heidi and I in the canoe! 

The best part of the trip was when Wendell and I decided to grill organic corn on the cob for breakfast! Oh, we were so smart! We half shucked it to pull out the hairs, then re-shucked it? I guess?to put it on the campfire grill. I will spare you all the details, but the corn did NOT taste good? Now, do we blame the grillers?? or the CORN!!! 

On the way home from camping, MD and I stopped at a farm stand. I proceeded to buy sweet corn- 6 ears for $3.00 so I could compare it with the organic corn from the co-op that cost $1.29 an EAR!!!

As shown here:


My plan was to do a taste test competition when we got home learn the truth of the crappy corn grillin' that took place while camping! 

To tell the difference, I broke the organic corn in half which was pointless because you could tell them apart from their coloring. The organic was all yellow and the farm stand sweet corn was dappled yellow and white!


Since it was Monday night, this was one of my easiest dinners ever! Basically I boiled the water, and then got some assistance from my darling as we put the corn in for like 5 minutes (because I never boiled corn before!!) I did throw together a quick tomato-cheese-basil salad. So, that was something. 


We both tried the organic first, but upon the first bite of the roadside corn, MD proclaimed, "Oh my god, this isn't even a competition!" The farm stand sweet corn was SO MUCH BETTER than the organic corn, taste-wise, that we were both blown away!!! 


Here I am holding up the clear winner! The Farmers roadside corn was WAY better than the organic corn! 


So, lesson learned. Wendell and I are NOT bad grillers, we just had bad corn. :)  (and okay okay, I've already had the discussions about how the roadside corn was fresher and blah blah, but STILL I know a winner when I eat one!) 

The end. 
Ms. Non-seqitur









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo