Long Time Tapioca

Well fans, it's been over a year! But I'm still here!
Lil' Squirrel loves playing with trucks in his sandbox and Heidi loves looking for squirrels! She's eyeing one up here perhaps?




Well, to get back in the game, I decided to make instant tapioca pudding. Not probably your first choice, but usually, My Darling stocks pudding and jello in the cupboard for when I have a pudding/jello emergency! But, I must have already used the emergency pudding and hadn't restocked, so I figured this tapioca would be a fun adventure!

Here's what I learned.
#1 The recipe said, "1 egg, well beaten"  I didn't beat it "well" because I was using a fork and was lazy, but it eventually melted into the stuff and it was fine.  As you can see in the picture...



#2 Keep using a timer. This is a new thing I'm making myself do and wow, it was awesome! I had to "let it sit for 5 minutes" and I mean, I was washing dishes and reading facebook and that 5 minutes went REALLY FAST.  If I was using my inner timer- which is what I often do-I would have been way off!

#3 This kind of goes with number 2, but my new rule is that I'm not allowed to leave the kitchen while I'm cooking. While that might seem self explanatory...it is key element to avoid burning.

#4 It was kind of boring stirring the tapioca for so long, but it wasn't that bad. It gave me time to reflect. This must be what people who actually like cooking do all the time.  It was also really exciting when the pudding FINALLY CAME TO A boil!

Here is what it looked like when I poured it into little bowls.




Can't wait to try some!!! Maybe I'll post again soon! Fingers crossed!
Hugs,
Ms. Non-Sequitur





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo