Cookies and Muffins

 I'm BAAAACK.

Let's get right into it! To make a dumb story long- to make a long story dumb?

A few weeks ago I saw this cookie magazine at Woodmans and I was like I. Want. that. Then I saw it cost $12.99. No.  I also know cookie recipes are onLINE, but boring. There's just something fun about looking at beautiful cookie pictures! Anyway, I went home, searched the library and put 2 Christmas cookie books on hold. A week later I got my books and what a disappointment. Boo. No good recipes in either of them. TODAY I'm at the grocery store and there she is, Taste of Home Holiday Cookies and Baking!!! And I was right, within the 1st 5 pages, there were 4 cookies that looked amazing. Even MORE amazing was page 15 where I found the cranberry orange cookies- cause I had cranberries in the fridge and randomly bought an orange at the store today! It was destiny! I also found a recipe for pumpkin muffins. 

Let's jump right in shall we.   Cranberry Orange Cookies. 

There were too many walnuts so I ate the extras off the cutting board before I chopped the cranberries.

I remembered I owned an apron when cranberry juice jumped on my favorite pink shirt. 


Here is how the drop cookies look when I put them in the oven.  I don't have a picture of when I took them out or added the orange frosting. Both events were uneventful. 


Since I was baking I decided to go hard and make some pumpkin muffins too, Except now the rest of this can is in a Tupperware in the fridge and I don't know what to do with it. 

The muffins were supposed to look like that picture- mine did not because- and I SWEAR I didn't do this on purpose. On the next picture, you can see it saws 4 1/2 TSP of butter. TEASPOONS!??!?!
You guessed it, I did 4 1/2 tablespoons. Luckily, no problem, because who doesn't want extra butter on their muffins.  It just kind of crusted over and I still added the glaze!



Since my son won't eat either the cookies or the muffins, I'll be just giving whatever my sweetheart and I can't eat :) 

Ms. Non-Sequitur

End Note: Lil Squirrel just came in and said, "I want to make cookies" I said, "I just made cookies and I don't want to make anymore."  "But I want sprinkles etc etc blah blah blah OKOKOK NEXT WEEK END. 








Comments

RH said…
We were just talking about how I can never get pumpkin bars right!! Maybe it was the butter!!
Ms. NS said…
Well!!! Now you have to make them to see!!

Popular posts from this blog

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo