SATURday

In the Park...I think it was the 4th of July. (Think that song by Chicago)
Well, it's the 7th today- So how was everyone's 4th? How do you feel about your independence? I was thinking about that-- how come we always say, "Happy 4th!" and not "Happy Independence!" Wouldn't it seriously be an adventure if we were still part of England? Maybe we'd all have British accents and Canada and the US would all be like one big country. Maybe we'd all have health care? And calling my Canadian friends wouldn't be long distance! Yesss!

Pets are so much work. Man, I'm babysitting these fish and they are exhausting. I mean, I have to feed them TWICE a day. Come on! Hee Hee. :) I suppose that's why I murdered my fish in college...I mean I didn't murder him/her I just forgot to feed him/her for like a week or so and then he/she died. Do fish REALLY have a gender? No. They are all just fish. Fish sex (sex like making love) would be really weird, especially since they'd have to do it in the water and they would be slippery.

In good news, my 2 basil plants and 1 cilantro plant are actually growing in my apartment.

Have a good week,
Ms. Non-Sense

Comments

Wendell said…
Ha ha,

Fish sex. Some male fish insert a sperm tube into the female; others spew sperm (milt) onto eggs the female has already laid. (And I bet they do it a bunch of other ways!)

xoxox
Katie said…
the guy at the store where I bought that fancy tank said that the male should get all hot and bothered because he's flanked by two females, and he'll spew out a nest of some sort, and then if I take out the divider and let the female in, they will "do their thing". But then the male will become abusive an try to kill the female so I have to separate them again.

But I think Fidget is too old to get it up. He's been swimming sideways for a while now...

Thanks for babysitting. :-)
me! said…
Once upon a time there was a girl named Gina. She got really drunk last night and tried to call her friend Heidi. But she dialed Holly instead. So this morning I got a lovely message from Raj and Gina. Thanks!
hmmm I think that was maybe...I know I wasn't drunk last night....and I've been away from Madison since, gosh I don't know when...just for fun, check the date on the message, I think it was from last week...but I DO recall it, now that you mention it!
me! said…
Well, checking my call log, it looks like it was actually yesterday morning at 9:10 a.m. The message went like this:
"say something to her!" (gina)
"i don't know what to say" (some guy)
"ugh. Heidi! We're waiting for you. ready when you are, so call us" (gina)

Ring any bells?
weird. No Bells actually, it is sort of impossible because i am in Green Bay this week, and he was in Madison-- WAIT NOW I know, not drunk at ALL, that was my DAD! :) I must have accidentally dialed your number instead of Heidi's, no wonder she never got the message!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo