Recent Disasters

1) It was SO exciting and fun yesterday (Sunday) to find the rice I cooked on SATURDAY still in the pan on the stove- I had totally forgotten to put it in tupperware things! GROSS (see crabby picture)


2) I found this pink chewing gum on my bike wheel?!* And I was like, where the F did that come from because I don't CHEW gum because of my jaw. It was quite a mystery until I remembered that SingingJ crashed on my hide-a-bed last weekend and I know that little punk was chewing gum before bed because I specifically remember saying, "Aren't you going to throw out your gum?" and he was like, "I'm just going to swallow it." NOT :) What should I do? the gum is still on the tire as we speak, same as it is in the picture.


3) This is a picture of my lunch today, not exactly a disaster, but a pretty piss poor meal if you ask me. Just so you are sure, that is a hard boiled egg, a piece of red pepper, some raw zucchinis, and some pita bread. Yumm :) Not pictured are 4 stripey cookies that I bought from the mini mart last night.


4) Finally, look at my shoes! They actually both broke in half on exactly the SAME DAY! Talk about bad shoe integrity and super dumbness. The only light at the end of the tunnel was that I already found a pair of shoes on sale from Fontana! YAY


I wasn't going to, but why not! One last weird food item. Last night, I ate re-heated (in the oven) nachos for dinner, sort of soggy and weird, but not that bad! I even added some extra cheese!

Finally, a post which connects to the title of this blog!
Ms. Non-Sequitur

Comments

Katie said…
Your crabby rice picture looks like my disgusted burned rice picture. Perhaps we should avoid rice.

Wanna hear something awesome? Last night I couldn't decide if I should finish my grant or finish my reading. So instead I went to bed! I'm the best student ever.
Wendell said…
I bet those shoes had hairline fractures that just exploded on the same day!

But you've had them a long time, right?

You could put an ice cube on the gum to make it break off?
Miss Lippy said…
Maybe shoes mate for life, and when the one shoe died the other one did too, like old people who die right after their spouse. (Ben Folds - "Next door there's an old shoe who lived to its nineties and one day passed away in its sleep. Its wife, she stayed for a couple of days and passed away.") In any case, at least you don't have to feel guilty about throwing away one good shoe and one bad one.

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo