Sh-t Pie

Before I tell my latest ridiculous cooking story, I have to publicize this post from the blog Love Isn't Enough which is about parenting and race. (Though I'm not a parent, being a teacher is pretty close and I need to read more of this stuff. Recently a teacher in Milwaukee cut off a little girl's braid :( That makes me mad and sad.

Anyway, the post critiques the new movie The Princess and the Frog. I'm really curious about it because it features a black princess, which is exciting....but I agree with the author the non-black prince is problematic...and there are other issues with the movie.... I've also been listening to Randy Newman lately and he wrote the soundtrack, which you can download for free here.

Okay, on to the Sh-t pie... though some of you have heard this story...more than once, I shall try to retell it as best I can.

So I was making my second key lime pie because the first turned out so good! Of course, I didn't make it the same way the second time. I decided to use frozen crust instead of the one where you add water to a mix. Well, I was an idiot anyway and poured the key lime mixture into an uncooked pie crust. Well, you can't eat that. So I decided to quick cook the other crust and re-pour the filling into the baked crust to cook. (Later I forgot to refrigerate that pie, but that's neither here nor there.)

The sh-t pie comes from the uncooked pie crust that was lined with key lime residue. I thought I would make the crust more exiting but baking it with the key lime residue. After I baked it I was like....now what can I put IN this tasty crust. Thoughtfully, I stared in the cupboard mentally debating what would be awesome for my new pie creation. The following ingredients were added in the order listed, each chosen for their delicate flavors....

hershey's chocolate bars (in a layer of squares)
honey (poured all over the bars)
a scoop of mint hot chocolate (sprinkled over the honey)

I baked that for a while, then spatula-ed the concoction to mush it all together....and just like that...a Sh-t Pie* was born.

*Please note that it is NOT a pile of Sh-t pie, because it's thin, like a pancake, and the mixing of the lime, chocolate, honey and mint is unmistakable. Not that that has anything to do with the pile comment.

Sincerely,
Ms. NonSequitur

PS I'm not posting any more pictures of myself on here- that way, I can remain incognito!

Comments

Laura said…
I love this story!
Anonymous said…
We'll just take pics from the back...SunnyD

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo