Mutinondo




Whoa! What a cool place this Mutinondo was!  It is is a woodland, wilderness area NORTH EAST of Lusaka about 10 hours by bus. (Sorry about the yelling, that is a little shout out to my friend, you know who you are) (Also,  let me know if the link doesn't work)

There were these gorgeous look-out points and mountains....well, large granite hills, but they were steep enough and we climbed up 2 of them. It took about 30 minutes to get to the top of each.  In the top video I'm reaching the top of the mountain!  You can hear our cool driver Mr. K cheering? :) me on!  These photos are in no order exactly, but I'll talk a little about each one!

I think this one is on top of the first mountain, called Charlie's Rock


This is horse poop (I know you are supposed to say scat in the wilderness, but I think horse poop is funnier. The place has some horses that we didn't ride)


The view. Whoa.

A little creature roaming around. He was furry and I wonder if he or she or it was a biter?

White flowers!
 Tress!

Grass that was growing on the mountain!

Another cool bug.

Waterfall! This one has little teeny tiny leeches!!! BUT the other two water places where everyone swam were perfectly beautiful and save. We filled up our water bottles right from the river water. The entire camp/lodge is run on solar power, including the pump that pumped this river water into the showers and taps!
 Thatch.

The name of the 2nd mountain we climbed (that I am at the top of at the beginning of this post)
 Self explanatory!

These are so out of order. This is the photo of the mountain that I reach the top of in the video.
 View from Mayense.
 Me on top of Mayense (again)
 Ruby's mom and I on top of Mayense! I almost gave up climbing because she and I were at the back of the group and we had lost the path. We were on the side of the mountain and it was seriously steep!!! SO I was going to give up when I heard the kids above me and I realized I was on the extra hard path instead of the easier one! :) THEN Mr. K and Ruby's Mom came back with me to the top and it ruled!

There are my boots. My feet were hurting a little, but not too bad. I think I'm going to become a hiker. I REALLY liked hiking in the woods (but could skip the climbing, killer on the legs) I think now that I know how boots fit, I want to get more like hiking shoe boots....

This is super old cave paintings that were done by our super old human ancestors.

All in all it was a FANTASTIC trip!  I wish all my hiking buddies like Hot Lips, Betty Lou, Wendell and Mags (although I'm changing her name from here on out to Lionel for her love of a certain crooner.  KT and Sunny D, you guys can come hiking too right?!

Hugs to you all!
Non-Seq!  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, I'm a hiker! Or I will be again in February! Great pics! SunnyD
Anonymous said…
I love hiking. I need new boots though! Mine are old and make my toes cold.

Your pictures are BE-A-UTIFUL! SO wish I had been hiking with you.

xo
HotLips
Katie said…
That video was kind of weird. What was that "Aaahhhhh" sound?

I would consider hiking. I hiked up a mountain stream in Jamaica once, and it was actually really wonderful. When you come back, we should go to Chahokia and climb the mound.

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi