The Remnants of my Broken Dreams

are laying on the floor:



I was going to make a skirt tonight. A yellow skirt which I've been contemplating for like a year. I've watched various circle skirt videos, read about them in my books, thought about how beautiful my flowy yellow skirt would look. And yet, somehow, I missed this important part about measuring the length right. I know what I did wrong now, so you don't have to tell me (it is in regards to where where you start your measurement.).   I was trying to make a knee length skirt and instead...I cut out this:



I pulled up my leggings so you could see how off I am. I mean, I can tell you exactly how much I am off. I'm off by 6.05 inches. (because that's my actual waist divided by pi times two! There is a lot of math in this sewing stuff.

Also, there appears to be a problem with the waist itself! BUT I decided if I had followed the directions, maybe that one might have fixed itself? I probably won't add a little extra to my waist "just in case" with a circle skirt, because every little extra adds a lot.

Well, that's all the pain I can take for one day. If I get the will, maybe I'll attach a fat elastic band at the top and make the tiniest hem OR add some layers at the bottom to make it longer? Any thoughts? Put them in the comments.

Sincerely,
Ms. Non-Sequitur aka The Domestic Nemesis




Comments

Unknown said…
But it is Lovely!!! You know I think the color is perfect for you!!
Thanks Lisa!! :) RIGHT?! I was hoping it could be an alternate polka skirt!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo