The Butter and Drunk Angry Baking

So I put this butter on my couch near the heater/window so it could soften up for me to make cookies (since I'm still using my hand and/or a wooded spoon for mixing). That was like over a week ago. The funny thing is that the Raj got all concerned a few days ago and was like...."There's butter on your couch" and I was like I know I'm softening it up. But THEN I honestly did forget about it and it was there for a few days extra and some butter got on my couch-- anyway I remembered it again the other day and moved it to the counter.

So yesterday was perhaps one of the most stressful horrible days I've had in a long time...I always say Tuesdays are bad. And honestly, every Tuesday is bad for me, for reals. So if you're a Leo, you probably have bad Tuesdays too. When I got home at 4:00 I immediately opened a bottle of wine, had a glass, and decided to make the cookies since I didn't want to think about all this emotional baggage I was carrying. Oh yeah, one bonus of this whole event was that CutieRu was here too! At 5:00, we had to go to this class about using Hip Hop in our teaching.
(I'm currently getting my hip hop on to De La Soul)

Anyway, I'm making the cookies and drinking wine and talking/venting, actually yelling at the world might be more accurate with Ru...and drinking the wine. Of course I didn't do the recipe right, but but that had nothing to do with anything:

it said 3/4 butter, I used a 1/2 cup.
It said 1/2 sugar, I used a 1/3 and
cups flour, I used 1 1/2 cups

When I was making the dough it was too dry so I had to add some water. Anyway, I rolled the little f'ers out and made stars with KT's mom's old cookie cutter, put them on the tray etc etc. Everything was going smoothly...but with all the talking/yelling etc I forgot to CHECK the cookies. 20 minutes later those little cookies burned. 350 degrees was too hot, and they were in there for too long- but that's what the recipe said. It's like I follow the wrong parts of the recipe.
At any rate:

BEFORE













AFTER













Thank god it is Wednesday today. I know it will be a better day! :) If nothing else, I was finally able to write a true Domestic Nemesis story, and for that I am thankful.

Mme. Non-Sequitur

Comments

Anonymous said…
even the stars are angry.

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo