Salmon Patty

Who buys salmon patties anyway? They are fricking ridiculous. Well, I was at TJ's and they had these tasters things of salmon patty on crackers and I was like, "I can cook that" WRONG. :)

The package gave the directions and said nothing about de-thawing...so what do I do? De-thaw them.

Fish patty is not like fish chunk, or however fish usually comes, fillet? that's it, fillet. It is like fish all chopped up and then mushed together in a patty. It is also not like steak. For some reason, I thought I had to soak the patties in sauce, like everyone else does when they cook things, they let it soak up like seasoning juice crap. So I soaked them in like some over-the-counter-seasoning juice. That was dumb because-- well I'm not sure why.

I baked the patties in the oven instead of frying them on a pan in tin foil in the juice stuff. Well, it is so hard to know when fish is done- I know, the flake thing, but I haven't cooked fish in like a year and I've NEVER cooked a fish patty. So I couldn't tell if they were done!

Cut to the chase, they must have been in the oven for like 20 minutes because I was worried about eating eating raw fish. They were chewy, salty, rubbery and weird. Good thing the rice and vegetables turned out because other wise I might have died.

No more fish patties :)

Continually yours,
The Domestic Nemesis

:)

Comments

Hob Gadling said…
Look you either defrosted them or you thawed them. There is no such thing as "de-thaw"!!

Wait, hold on....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dethaw

Crapola! Dethaw exists!!
HA HA HA HA
Anonymous said…
I have a good recipe for salmon patties- it really only requires the salmon rolled in crushed-up saltine crackers, maybe egg to hold them together? And I fry them. Very tasty. Maybe you can try that one. And your plant looks like a gerber daisy- mine croaked too, so don't feel bad. Apparently they need tons of water? SunnyD
Wendell said…
Marinate!

Yeah, make your own patties.

xoxoxoxo
Wendell said…
Ha ha, in your honor I made a salmon filet!

Try those frozen, pre-marinated ones by "Mortons"; they're good.

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo