Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi





The group, ours and locals going on to the car ferry. 


Entrance to the park


Dang, what are these birds, I think they are Camden, or Carmen Bug Eaters? or something. Very pretty.


The first African elephant I saw! Much Larger than Asian Elephants



Who is that lurking in the water?? 

Some Hippos!

Gorgeous stork (I think?)

Another elephant. I wonder if he is older, as shown by his color variation?

Me reading the book that the new parents (M and R) gave me! Also, notice the 3 beverages. The one in the glass is called a Malawi Shandy and is great. I think it's ginger ale, bitters and...maybe just that. A Rock Shandy is with lemonade instead of ale.  

The evening cruise, didn't see nearly as much wildlife, but this guy was yawning. 

Zambian Sunset!


A baobab tree. Very cool. I wonder if they are unique to Zambia?

Happy Animals to you all!
Non-Sequitur

Comments

Unknown said…
Was a fab weekend. We had baobab trees in Tanzania
Hob Gadling said…
Carmine bee-eaters! You need to like get a book on African birds and all.
Heather C. said…
Gorgeous pictures, GH. Hee hee...
Anonymous said…
Very cool pics. I'm questioning if you really took them- j/k. Any way my kids could be pen pals w/ anyone at your school? SunnyD
Mamma M said…
We had Baobabs in Angola too. Love the game drives/river cruises. Will miss that about living in Africa. Zoos just don't compare.
Jess said…
Just to jump on the "Where do Boababs live?" bandwagon, there are boababs in Ghana, too. Super cool trees- some of my favorites.

Kinda jealous about the hippos. Never seen one in real life, always wanted to. Looks like an amazing trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Mutinondo