Mexican fiesta

So, in preparation for the party at my uncle's house on Sat. I have to carefully plan out my taco dip strategy. Since I'm trying to be calorie concious I've decided to switch up my normal recipe-- I'm going to use yogurt instead of sour cream. Now, I have no idea if it really has less calories, but somehow...I just think it will be better. I was considering using yogurt instead of the cream cheese, but that would just be too runny. Actualy Cousin Q told me it would be too runny. Hmmm....

This is how I make my taco dip
cream cheese + sour cream (this time with yogurt substitute)
add taco seasoning and mash together and paste on plate
layer on lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and black olives and voila.

I wanted to make guacamole today until I realized it was too hard , so I just ate the avacado and the leftover chicken.

Speaking of Mexican (K from China, I know it's not REALLY Mexican). Cousin Q made tacos tonight. She doesn't use shells, she just uses chips and piles everything on. So i guess they were nachos/tacos :)

What else. Even though there were no gnats in the garbage closet today, they may stil be lurking about. Yesterday I sprayed some cleaning agent around the closet and tried to kill some of their homes. I know however, that they will be there to attack at the next possible chance. Those sneaky little bastards. I am VERY careful about taking out the trash too. Maybe if I got a garbage can instead of just using a paper bag-- the plastic would be like a force field around the bag and would therefore prevent the gnats from smelling the leftover apple bits and avacado peelings.

In the cleaning report...well, I didn't clean anything today. There are left-over peanut shells on the end table and the clean dishes are still sitting on the counter. Why put them away when I'll just have to use them tomorrow. Further, there are no lamps in my living room yet and I'm sick of sitting in the dark.

Sincerely,
NS

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gina,
You live in Wisconsin
Stick with Sour Cream
Yogurt? Blasphemy is un-becoming

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo