Tetra Electron Volt

In today's cooking news, I bought a salmon steak and cooked it in the George Foreman! I seasoned it with salt and voila-so easy! Cooked fish, just like that! Who knew??? I also ate some stale peanuts. The dirty dishes in the sink are getting bad, but I KNOW I can make my challenge of not washing them until Saturday! Thus going 12 days without doing dishes. Awesome!

Yesterday, after a day of meetings and thinking, I decided to meet my Uncle J at the terrace for "a beer." There is a little story which involves U J telling me to buy a 22 oz. glass of beer--which I don't feel like explaining, let's just say it ened in warm beer which made us both unhappy and...okay fine...I'll tell it quick. J says, "Gina, get us a 22 oz. beer" I say, "Okay" I come back with a pitcher, because I think I'm being helpful and thus "over-ruling" my dear uncle. But I find out there is method to his madness- The reason you have to buy the 22 oz is because the plastic pitcher can't keep the beer cold! It was a travesty for us both...having to drink the ridiculous warm beer. Blah blah, I learned my lesson and I shant do it again!

Now, this next part of the evening is really exciting. As you all know, I've been attending a conference to discuss TEV, which I'm sure you all know stands for Tetra Electron Volts. NOT! Well, I didn't know I was attending this converence either until I showed up with J for the open bar and free dinner! I can't believe I snuck into a physics dinner at my university and got free food (and beverages) ! It was the greatest day of my life. I saw all my friends through Uncle J including R the liar, Sailor M, S the Swede. There was also P With a Dog (ha ha, P with a dog, that's funny)--who I don't know very well, but he did just see me on the street and gave me a ride to the union because my internet is out so I could write this silly blog entry. By the way, what happens if I have to use a letter twice with my mokiers? This could really be a predicament. I guess the adjective is really important! hmmm

So apparently J has just noted that it is supposed to be TERA ELECTRON VOLT not TETRA electron volt. But I think leaving it wrong is funnier :)

So I'm mad about not having the internet, but happy that tomorrow is Friday! I'm so sleepy my eyes are closing and it's only 8:06!

Hugs and Bugs,
Ms. Non-Sequitor

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gina, I think I laughed about 50 times out-loud while reading your blog. It couldn't be funnier even if you were telling me these stories yourself. Keep up the drudgery!
Cousin Q, you totally rule! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo