Paper Hata

Damn you paper! No, not the writing kind of paper (though I did finish a 3 pager last night), but the other kind, the abusive kind. I got this horrible paper cut on my index finger and I nearly died because of it. Please beware of sharp, evil paper :)

On a lighter note, I'm trying to get rid of 5 ($5) tickets to Sat. festivities on State St. Any takers? I must actually post the letter sent to me by the dear friend, YogAl who is working on his law degree who bailed on me with his 4 friends-

October 26, 2006
Dear Mrs. Non-Sequitor,

You may recall that we had the opportunity to spend a few minutes together in Shanghai on June 23, 2004 regarding the Madison Halloween party. I must tell you that I greatly enjoyed our conversation and was impressed with your achievements, both socially and in life.

Because of being an ignoramus, we have limited opportunity to drive to Madison to spend the weekend with you. Given the number of friends, including you, whom I had the privilege of meeting, this resulted in a difficult selection process. As a result, notwithstanding your excellent credentials (as a friend), unfortunately, we are not in a position to further pursue the Madison Halloween party with you at this time. However, with your permission, we will retain your cell phone number and will be in communication with you again should our circumstances change.

It was a delightful personal experience to chat with you. I wish you success both at the Halloween party and in your partying pursuits.

Sincerely,

YogAl

PS: Wendell, stop stealing my popsicles or i will steal YOU :)
Ms. NS

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for going through the hassle anyway. Too bad I don't get to meet you.

-part of the et alia
Anonymous said…
Yeah, I was nearly killed by a papercut myself not three days ago...literally. Was that guy that wrote that letter joking, foreign, or just retarded...just wondering.
Dude, he's in law, that was a rejection letter to do with a law firm or something
Marite said…
I once got a paper cut from a cardboard box at my job at the univeristy cafe... and it got infected and then I had to have it drained and needed $30 a tube antibiotic cream and then I collected workers comp! Ha! I still have that antibiotic cream...and that happened like years ago! Beware the paper cuts!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies and Muffins

Canoeing down the Lower Zambezi

Mutinondo